“it’s a pleasure to come to work”
We are fortunate to enjoy longevity of staff service; third-party advertising is therefore rarely required due to our positive reputation and personal recommendations from our current staff.
If you have a caring nature, the right attributes and a genuine interest in supporting people we have various positions available for support workers and senior support workers
Omega Elifar Limited operates on a high level of staff to service user ratio, based upon the assessed needs of individual service users (minimum 2:1). Use of organised staffing rotas ensure suitably skilled members of staff are on duty in all our care homes 24/7.
Please note that we operate a rolling recruitment programme to incorporate our ‘waiting list’ – so don’t delay – apply today!
“I get lots of respect from my Line Manager
I feel listened to, she makes me feel valued”
We require all applicants to submit a completed hand-written application form prior to any formal interview process commencing:
Please note that incomplete forms will not be included within the recruitment process.
Due to the nature of our work, please also be aware that all successful candidates are subject to Enhanced (Adults) DBS enquiries:
- CLICK HERE for instructions on Applying for a DBS Certificate
- CLICK HERE for our Policy on Disclosure Information
- CLICK HERE for our Policy on the Recruitment of Ex-Offenders
- CLICK HERE to create a ‘Share your Driving Licence Information’ code
As an Equal Opportunities Provider and Employer, our policy is to ensure that no unlawful discrimination occurs, either directly or indirectly, against any person on the grounds of colour, gender, sexuality, disability, health, wealth, marital status, race, culture, religion, nationality or ethnic or national origin.
Click on a Job Title in the list below to see the job description and person specification – please note, these are by no means an exhaustive list, but give a fair indication of the role requirements:
These are just some of the benefits our staff tell us they enjoy:
- Recognition of Personal Development and Achievements
- 3% Employer Contribution to NEST Workplace Pension
- Free Refreshments during working hours
- Shift Bonus scheme (eg Christmas)
- Enhanced Weekend Pay Rates
- Competitive rates of pay
- Free on-site Car Parking
- Cycle Storage facilities
- Long Service Awards
- Birthday Cards
- Easter Eggs!
On commencing employment, all support staff are provided with an induction and foundation programme (to incorporate the Care Certificate, if not already achieved).
Various mandatory training subjects, and subsequent refresher courses, are provided in the following subjects:
- Basic Emergency Aid
- Coping with Aggression in the Workplace
- Diet and Nutrition
- Dignity and Respect
- Dysphagia Awareness
- Epilepsy and Buccolam
- Equality, Diversity and Inclusion
- Fire Safety and Awareness
- Health and Safety
- Infection Control
- Mental Capacity 2005 – DoLS Awareness
- Moving and Handling
- Safe Handling of Medicines
- Safeguarding Adults
We actively support staff to maintain and develop their skills further to reflect the needs of the service users in their care – offering additional training in relevant subjects, for example:
- Activity Planning
- Care Planning
- Death, Dying and Bereavement
- Dementia Awareness
- Learning Disability Awareness
- Person Centred Approaches
- Record Keeping
- Risk Assessment
- Supervisory Skills
- Supporting People with Autism
Funding and support is available for staff wishing to undertake nationally accredited qualifications and internal progression/development is encouraged.